We respect your privacy
- New Economy Media Pty Ltd trading as New Economy News (A.C.N 634 860 996) (New Economy News) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- To the extent that we are required to do so, we adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
- This policy applies to information about anyone who interacts with New Economy News, including advertisers, people who use the Website and people who use our services (both registered and unregistered).
What personal information is collected
- New Economy News will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback and/or comments, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, subscribe for our goods and/or services, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
- New Economy News may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- New Economy News will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities and fulfil administrative functions associated with those activities (such as billing, credit and account management);
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- to measure and improve our Services and any individual features;
- provide you with information about our products and services and/or to improve your experience by delivering content (including editorial, marketing and advertising) we think you will find relevant and/or interesting;
- to allow you to comment on content, and participate in games, competitions, or rewards programs;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- for marketing and client relationship purposes;
- to provide you with customer support and respond to your enquiries; and
- investigate any complaints.
We may also use personal information we collect about you for the following additional purposes:
- To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing our goods and services. We may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers who help us manage or provide our services or provide us with related services. This might include providers of cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection service providers and direct marketing service providers. These third parties may be located in a range of different countries including the United Kingdom, United States of America, India, Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. Our agreements with these third party providers require them not to use your information except for the purpose for which your information was provided. We also require them to comply with relevant privacy laws.
- To deliver relevant advertisements and content.Us and our advertisers may use the information we collect about you to provide you with relevant advertisements and content when you use our website and/or services. We may also use your personal information so that relevant advertising can be provided to you when you use services or visit websites of other organisations.
- We may combine information that we hold about you with information about you that we collect from other trusted businesses with whom you also have a relationship or from public sources and we may associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use. We may also share information we hold about you with those trusted businesses so that they can do the same thing. We and those trusted businesses do this in order to enable the development of consumer insights about you so that each of us can serve you better. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services. Where those insights are provided to others for their own marketing purposes, such insights do not contain any information that identifies you. We may also use third party service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
In Section 10 below, we provide information about how to opt out of the above type of advertising and/or marketing.
- To protect our rights and those of others. We may share your information with other third parties where we are lawfully entitled to do so. This includes when we have a reasonable basis to believe that sharing your information is necessary to:
- protect the safety, privacy, and security of users of the website, our services or members of the public;
- investigate, identify, protect against and address fraud or for risk management purposes;
- comply with the law or a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request; or
- respond to requests from public and government authorities.
If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
Where your personal information is contained in an advertisement that we publish for you, we may also use your information to publish that advertisement in other media. We do this in accordance with our terms for the initial publication. If you include personal information in any posts or in a letter, email or text message to an editor or journalist, we may publish your name and suburb to identify you as the author of that post if we publish it.
When we collect your information, we may explain that we will use and disclose your information in other ways. For example, if you win a competition, we may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms.
We may also remove certain information or alter the information we collect about you so you can no longer be identified from that information. We do this so that we can use it or disclose it to third parties for other purposes
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
Disclosure of your personal information
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- New Economy News will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. To the extend required, New Economy News complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to United States of America, and Singapore.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in . Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards. Further, our Suppliers and Contractors may be situated in Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America, China and Singapore. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- New Economy News is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
- Direct marketing.If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, you can change your account settings or follow the unsubscribe instructions which we include at the bottom of our emails and text messages. If you have installed our app, you can stop push notifications by changing the settings in the app or on your mobile device. If you have linked any of your social media profiles to your account for any of our services, you can cancel that link by changing your account settings. If you need any assistance with changing your account settings, please contact your social media app provider.
- After you opt-out of online behavioural advertising from us or any other company it is important to remember that:
- Opt-outs do not stop companies from showing you ads, they only stop companies from showing you targeted ads;.
- Opt-outs Do Not Remove Ads – If you opt-out you will continue to see online ads; You may even see online ads from companies from which you opted-out;
- Opt-outs Do Not Prevent Data Collection: Companies can continue to collect data about your browsing activity after an opt-out – your opt-out only prevents them from using this data to serve you targeted ads or personalised content;
- Opt-Outs Apply Only to a Single Browser: If you opt-out from personalised advertising on one internet browser, this does not apply to all browsers. Opt-outs only apply to your browser, not your computer or device;
- Opt-outs can be erased by accident: Your opt-outs are recorded using cookies. (Cookies are small messages or signals that web servers pass to your web browser when you visit Internet sites.) So, remember, when you clear your cookies, you also erase your opt-outs; and
- You Do Not Disable all Ads: When you browse the internet and see a website, video, or app that uses advertising services by other companies not listed on our opt-out preferences, you may still see personalised ads from those other companies.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website When you come to our website (https://neweconomy.media/), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that New Economy News is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
1 July 2019